After a long winter, no doubt your office and home could use a refresh and a thorough spring cleaning. A deeper clean involves more than recycling last year’s magazines and dusting the bookshelves. A detailed spring clean gets below the surface and in-between everything from carpet fibers to desktop equipment. The results? Improved health, productivity, customer satisfaction and much more.
DEEP CLEANING SAVES MONEY
Let’s be honest. Wintertime is tough on indoor environments with boots and shoes depositing extra dirt, snow and mud debris on flooring. Dry hair and skin cells add to the germ layers that build up on surfaces and inside heating ducts. A WebMD article reports that “more than 10 million bacteria are on a typical office desk” and 92% of phones are “contaminated with bacteria such as staphylococci and E. coli.” And that’s just part of the microscopic bad guys inside one person’s workspace.
Making sure your business gets a professional spring cleaning is not only important, but also a cost-savings to you overall. The same WebMD report states that each year U.S. companies lose $260 billion to missed work and lost productivity. Those dingy carpets and grimy breakrooms effect the corporate bottom line.
SPRING CLEANING CHECKLIST
While it’s time to clean deeper throughout the entire office, the high-traffic areas including the reception and waiting areas, bathrooms and kitchen will need an extra amount of TLC. If your business has not benefited from regular professional cleaning services, the following spring cleaning checklist will help your building get in tip-top shape. As a commercial cleaning services company, Midwest Maintenance ensures all these steps and more are followed.
Flooring and Carpet Care
- Vacuum under and around all desks, tables and furniture
- Deep extraction and hot water extraction of all carpets.
- Remove scuff marks, stains and xxx from hard surface flooring.
- Strip, wax, seal, burnish and refurbish all hard floor surfaces, including tile, ceramic, laminate, concrete, natural stone, marble, slate and terrazzo.
- Wipe clean computer screens.
- Dust keyboards, shelves and other individual office spaces.
- Disinfect all surfaces such as phones, keyboards, lamps, copiers, fax machines, staplers, etc.
- Deep clean and disinfect around all the harder-to-reach hard surfaces (i.e., behind the toilets, far under the sinks, upper walls, etc.)
- Disinfect inside and around the toilet paper and paper towel dispensers.
- Ensure all the hand dryers are working well and disinfect their external surfaces.
- Disinfect all door and faucet handles.
- Clean around the mirror and door edges.
High Touchpoint Areas
- Disinfect all surfaces that see heavy use including elevator buttons, door handles, stair railings and front desk countertops.
- Deep clean the coffee machine and replace filter.
- Clean and disinfect the inside and outside of the refrigerator including all shelving and handles.
- Clean and disinfect all appliances including microwave, oven and toaster.
- Disinfect all surfaces of the water cooler and make sure there are no cracks or leaks.
- Deep clean and sanitize upholstery on chairs and sofas throughout the office from individual desk and meeting room chairs to sofas and chairs in reception and waiting areas.
Windows and Glass Doors
- Commercial window and door cleaning removes dirt, grime and spots, leaving glass spotless and streak-proof.
Parking Lots and Landscape
- Pick up scattered trash, branches and leaves that have accumulated over winter.
- Repaint any line striping in the parking lot and around the building.
- Check and repair all asphalt and concrete cracks and potholes.
- Aerate, power-rake and fertilize the grass.
- Check that all sprinklers and sprinkler heads are property working.
BENEFITS TO SPRING CLEANING
Health and wellness experts note several positive benefits to deeper cleaning your business surroundings.
- Reduces workplace accidents. Items caked with dust or grime or in disarray throughout a business increase the risk for falls and other injuries.
- Protects overall health. Dusty and germ-laden surfaces attract and redistribute allergens throughout the office. Keeping surfaces clean and disinfected at work, lowers air-borne and contact-spread illnesses. Cleanliness also uplifts people’s mood and mental wellbeing.
- Improves productivity. When employees stay healthy and feel safe in their work environment, they can concentrate better on their jobs. A clean and tidy office promotes efficiency.
- Boosts customer confidence. A clean, safe business reflects a commitment to excellence and reliability. A dirty, disorganized workplace sends the wrong message to the people you work with and for.
A deeper spring clean for your business is invaluable, but grueling to accomplish on your own. Midwest Maintenance is available to help. Take advantage of a complimentary cleaning assessment of your company and give us a call at 1-866-866-5850 or email us at email@example.com.